FAQs about the Northeast Craggin’ Classic Sept. 13-15
- How do I sign up for a clinic? Click here for the Craggin’ Classic page at the AAC store. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you’ll see a drop-down menu that says “All-Weekend Pass”. Click on this and it will reveal all the ticket options, including all the clinics. Select the clinic you wish to sign up for and click Add to Cart. If you’d like to add another clinic, use your browser’s back button to go back to the drop down menu and then add another clinic to your shopping cart. Follow through the shopping cart check-out process.
- How do I get to the event site? All Craggin Classic activities are happening at the Glen Ellis Campground, which is across the street from the Margarita Grill on Route 302 in Glen, NH. Once you get to the campground, go through the gates to the covered pavilion area.
- Are the slide shows outside? Saturday evening’s slide shows are going to be held under a covered pavilion at the campground. The pavilion is open on two sides, though, so bring warm clothes.
- Is dinner included in the evening events? On Friday night’s Yankee Pig Roast, we’re serving roast pork, cornbread, wedge potatoes, pasta salad, and coleslaw. We’ll also have free sodas and beer. On Saturday night, the Big Love Mexican Diner is arriving with their burrito truck. Each ticket holder gets a ticket for 1 burrito from the truck during the evening. We’ll also have free sodas and beer.
- If I’m sharing a tent with a friend, do we both have to buy All Weekend Passes? Yes. All campers need All Weekend Passes ($48), which include two nights of camping per person, plus tickets to Friday and Saturday evening events. The camping area is a group tent site. If you want to bring an RV or camper van, please email Sarah Garlick to make arrangements.
- If I’m not camping, can I just buy tickets for the evening events at the door? Yes! Tickets for folks who don’t need to camp can be purchased a la carte on our website or they can be purchased at the door. PLEASE purchase them online ahead of time if you can… it really helps us plan for feeding the crowds. All online ticket holders will have their choice of a free AAC trucker cap or a stainless steel cup.
- Tell me more about the skills clinics. We’re teaming up with guides from EMS, IMCS, Cathedral Mountain Guides, Synnott Mountain Guides, and Winkler Mountain Guides to offer group skills clinics on the Saturday and Sunday of the festival. You must pre-register online by September 10 to join in one of the clinics. We’ve offered rough guidelines for experience level for each clinic, but don’t worry, your guide will tailor your day to the collective experience of the group. Clinics are: self rescue (all levels), trad protection and anchors (beginner-intermediate — this clinic is all about hardware — putting in pro and building bomber anchors), crack climbing techniques (intermediate-advanced — you’ll be toproping 5.9s but you don’t have to be able to do them cleanly! Push yourself!), women’s trad climbing (all levels), multi-pitch systems (intermediate-advanced — this is about building multi-pitch anchors, belaying a second, and efficient multi-pitch transitions; designed for leaders), and trad techniques (beginner-intermediate: this clinic is about climbing skills, how to move across granite trad terrain, hand jam, footwork, etc). Please pre-register for clinics by Wednesday, September 11.
- What do I need to bring for my clinic? If you have personal shoes, harness, and helmet, please bring these with you for your clinic. If you don’t have these items, your guide will outfit you with whatever you need. The guide will provide ropes and other hardware.
- What do people do during the day if they’re not doing a skills clinic? Head out and go climbing! Make a post on our Facebook event page if you’re looking for a partner — the messsage board at NEClimbs.com is also another good place to find partners. On Saturday, Sept. 14, we’ll be sending out a crew of volunteers to work on a stewardship trail project at Cathedral Ledge. You’re welcome to join the group! Just show up at the campground pavilion on Saturday at 9 am.
Comments are closed.