Saser Kangri II Day 1
AAC President Steve Swenson was evacuated from Advanced Base Camp after difficulty breathing. He has recovered quickly and completely and sent us a number of reports on his, Mark Richey’s, and Freddie Wilkinson’s successful ascent of Saser Kangri II. We’ve reposted parts of these reports here.
I was uncertain still about my health, but on August 18th I called Jim @ Mountain Weather for a forecast and I had to make a decision whether to go or not because we were going to get the weather we needed in a couple of days. By the 20th I felt good enough to move up to ABC that day with Mark and Freddie. It was a nice ski with some new snow on the glacier. But there was a seriousness to this trip though that hasn’t been there before – we know this is going to be our one big try on Sasser Kangri II and it makes everyone just a bit more anxious. Read the rest of the story on Steve Swenson’s Blog.
Saser Kangri II—Full Report
Comments are closed.