World Cup Climbing Comp Headed to Boulder—AAC Sponsoring Event
The American Alpine Club is excited to be an official IFSC World Cup Partner for the first International Federation of Sport Climbing Competition held in the United States in 22 years. [Read our interview with Jeff Lowe, who organized the first World Cup event in the States.]
Come out and support your favorite climbers this weekend in Boulder!
The American Alpine Club is honored to be presenting the IFSC World Cup Opening Ceremonies on Friday Night! Our Executive Director Phil Powers will be speaking at the event, which follows the Opening Ceremonies parade down Boulder’s Pearl Street.
Free Stuff during the event! The AAC will have a booth setup outside the event from 12-5 on Saturday and 4-8 on Sunday. Come by and say hello! At the bottom of this blog post, you’ll find a Swag Ticket. Click the image to open it in a new window or tab at full size. Print it out, bring it with you when you visit the booth, and we’ll give you something cool!
• 7 p.m. Friday: Opening ceremonies parade down Pearl Street (from 15th to 9th) followed by the IFSC World Cup Opening Ceremonies presented by The American Alpine Club
• 10 a.m. Saturday: Warm-up round/Qualifiers; 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Qualifiers
• 12 p.m. Sunday: Semi-Finals
• 7 p.m. Sunday: Finals with Award Ceremony to follow
• Full schedule on the USA Climbing website.
Boulder’s Movement Climbing Gym.
• 59 Athletes registered, including 25 from the US. Check out the full athlete list from the IFSC website. Highlights include Carlo Traversi, Alex Johnson, Emily Harrington, and Matty Hong.
• 13 countries represented
• Buy Your Tickets Now! Qualifiers: $8 Semifinals/Finals: $10 Weekend pass: $15
Want to Volunteer? Email our Community Programs Director, John Bragg.
Comments are closed.