Get your photo in Climbing Magazine.
Are you a loyal reader of Climbing Magazine? Over the next few months, watch for new AAC photos in each issue that depict some of the things climbers care about most. We chose the first five, but for the next five, we want you, the members of the club, to have a chance to speak about what matters—what keeps you climbing and drives you to push through pain, fear, skepticism or even simply long days in the office just to get out there again. Now through August 15, post your photo that shows why you climb to the AAC Facebook Page wall (don’t forget your caption, see details below) and vote on the other ones up there. We need five, but prizes will go to the top 20, so get your entry in there!
All the fine print and details:
- Submit a photo that captures what you love about climbing.
- Before you submit a photo, make sure you have the high-res version. For Facebook, just upload a small version. We’ll ask for the high-res image later. Not sure what that means? Ask Emily.
- Post the photo on the AAC wall at www.facebook.com/americanalpineclub, or email it in to ekreis [at] americanalpineclub [dot] org. We’ll drop them into an album here (http://www.facebook.com/AmericanAlpineClub?ref=ts#!/album.php?aid=181537&id=48530203934&ref=mf) so that everyone can vote.
- Voting on a photo is simple: just use the “like” button (don’t see it? Make sure you “like” the AAC page, and then it will appear).
- At the end of the voting period, each of 5 top photos selected by YOU, the voters, will be used in a half-page ad in CLIMBING MAGAZINE. Get your photo credit spread to thousands of Climbing readers.
- Please caption your photo with WHY it shows what you love about climbing. Just 2-3 lines; don’t stress about it.
- Vote! You can “like” as many photos as you want, so go ahead and vote for any of them that resonate with what you love about climbing.
- You can submit up to five photos for consideration
- Vote through August 31; we’ll announce the winners September 1. The deadline for submissions is August 15.
- The top 20 photos will get a limited edition AAC Trango knife (photo in the album), and the top 5 will become featured ads in the upcoming months of Climbing.
- Questions? Email Emily at ekreis [at] americanalpineclub [dot] org.
Comments are closed.