Book Club Fight Club: The Mountains of The Mind, Sept 8th, 6-8pm
- 1st RULE: You do not talk about Book Club FIGHT CLUB.
- 2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Book Club FIGHT CLUB. (Okay, actually – please talk about book club!)
- 3rd RULE: If someone says “stop” or goes limp, taps out, the discussion is over.
- 4th RULE: Only two hours to a book fight.
- 5th RULE: One book fight at a time.
- 6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes (not really).
- 7th RULE: Discussions will go on as long as they have to.
- 8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to talk about the BOOK.
That said, September’s book is The Mountains of The Mind, Robert MacFarlane, 2003. 6-8pm, Tuesday the 8th. Hosted by Jim Moss. Stop by the library to find out the location in the AMC. Rsvp to [email protected]
From the NY Times book review: “The modern climber traipsing on the edge may think he’s a free spirit, but according to the English journalist Robert Macfarlane, he’s a slave to advertising. Purple mountain majesties? They’re only there because the viewing audience is programmed to see them. ”Mountains of the Mind” goes back three centuries, showing how a few brainy opinion makers created the outdoor image.”